Friday 18 July 2008

Shun the National Carrier

Had an horrible flight(Air India) from London-Kolkata. AI took off 2 hours late from Heathrow and there was no information as to why the flight was late. Subsequently, missed my connecting JetLite flight from Mumbai to Kolkata. Had no choice except to take the one and only Indigo flight available from Mumbai-Kolkata via Nagpur as i had to catch my train to Chennai the same day night from Kolkata. Indigo took 4 hours to reach Kolkata via Nagpur. I reached Kolkata at 6:30p.m and the train was at 11:45p.m.

To add to my woes, my train from Kolkata-Chennai(Howrah Mail) was delayed by 13 hours. Finally managed to reach Chennai on July 8th at 6p.m after departing from Heathrow on 5th night at 11:30p.m. So, the take home message is, please avoid traveling by indian rail or air as much as you can.

1 comment:

Arun Sundar said...

Or perhaps avoid travelling at all :)